Linda, grateful compulsive overeater, and Beverly, compulsive overeater, host this workshop on Step Eleven: “Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.” Examples of prayer and meditation are discussed.
For Discussion and Journaling:
- How important is it for me to have a regular daily quiet time for prayer and meditation?
- How does time spent in prayer and meditation affect me?
OA-approved literature used in this episode:
- The Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions of Overeaters Anonymous (link to Second Edition)
- Alcoholics Anonymous, Fourth Edition
- The Twelve Step Workbook of Overeaters Anonymous (link to Second Edition)
- Voices of Recovery (link to Second Edition)