Tina, recovering compulsive overeater, and Ronnie, a compulsive overeater, host this workshop on OA’s First Step: “We admitted we were powerless over food; that our lives had become unmanageable.”
For Discussion and Journaling:
- What is the purpose of studying and working the Twelve Steps?
- Are there particular foods or eating behaviors which give me trouble? What can I do to eliminate them?
- What am I willing to do just for today to change and enhance my program? Am I willing to share this with someone I trust?
OA-approved literature used in this episode:
- The Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions of Overeaters Anonymous (link to the Second Edition)
- The Twelve Step Workbook of Overeaters Anonymous (link to the Second Edition)
- Abstinence (link to the Second Edition)
- Voices of Recovery (link to the new Second Edition)