Gerri, an abstinent food addict and compulsive overeater, and Karen, abstinent compulsive overeater and food addict, host this workshop on Step Seven: “Humbly asked him to remove our shortcomings.”
For Discussion and Journaling:
- Are we willing to make an investment of time and energy to change our attitudes and actions?
- To what length are we willing to go in order to be rid of these shortcomings?
- What does humility mean to me?
- Can you see that low self-esteem as well as pride is evidence of a lack of humility?
- Have you struggled to get rid of traits you don’t like?
- Can you accept that some character defects may not be removed immediately?
- Can you see the necessity of inviting God to remove your shortcomings?
- Do you believe God can remove your defects?
OA-approved literature used in this episode: