Mary, a compulsive overeater, hosts this workshop on OA’s Second Step: “Came to believe a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.” Some regard Step Two as a bridge from the powerlessness of Step One to the resolve of Step Three.
For Discussion and Journaling:
- Have I come to believe that I need to change? Why?
- How do I feel about replacing my old ideas about God with a face that works?
- What actions am I willing to take that others have told me worked for them?
OA-approved literature used in this episode:
- The Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions of Overeaters Anonymous (link to Second Edition)
- For Today
- Voices of Recovery (link to Second Edition)
- Lifeline magazine February 2011 and February 2014 issues (link to Lifeline back issues)
- Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions by Alcoholics Anonymous
- The Twelve Step Workbook of Overeaters Anonymous (link to Second Edition)