Stephanie, an abstinent compulsive overeater, and Nancy, a gratefully recovering and abstinent compulsive eater, host this workshop on OA’s Fourth Step: “Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.”
For Discussion and Journaling:
- Do I have reservations about starting a Fourth Step? What are they? How can God help me do this step?
- Am I hanging on to a grudge or resentment? Do I experience jealousy, envy, or guilt? Am I a perfectionist, or am I overly dependendent?
- What am I willing to do today to start my Fourth Step inventory? What are some of the methods I can use to do a Fourth Step?
OA-approved literature used in this episode:
- The Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions of Overeaters Anonymous (link to Second Edition)
- Alcoholics Anonymous, Fourth Edition
- For Today
- Voices of Recovery (link to Second Edition)
- The Twelve Step Workshop and Study Guide (includes the Fourth Step Inventory Guide)
- Sponsoring through the Twelve Steps
- Fifteen Questions
- Twelve Stepping a Problem