Ronnie, a compulsive overeater, and Tina, a recovering compulsive overeater, host this workshop on Step Eight: “Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.” For Ronnie, the accountability of Step Eight is what differentiates the OA program from talk therapy.
For Discussion and Journaling:
- What is my purpose in doing Step Eight?
- What is preventing me from being willing to make amends? What can I do to become willing?
- What is the role of others (the people I hurt) when I make my list?
- What actions can I take to increase my willingness to make amends?
OA-approved literature used in this episode:
- The Twelve Steps and Traditions of Overeaters Anonymous (link to Second Edition)
- The Twelve Step Workbook of Overeaters Anonymous (link to Second Edition)
- Alcoholics Anonymous, Fourth Edition
- Voices of Recovery (link to Second Edition)